Ms. Khalique practices all areas of immigration law, with a focus on asylum and extraordinary ability visas. Her full service immigration practice covers business immigration, family immigration, removal defense, and corporate formation and uncontested divorces. She has successfully represented clients throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Ms. Khalique began her legal career in the area of criminal law in Sydney, Australia and the United States. In Sydney, she worked on criminal cases on appeal before the New South Wales Supreme Court, and assisted underprivileged and disadvantaged youth at the highly respected Shopfront Youth Legal Center. In the United States, she gained experience in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office and the Nassau Legal Aid Society in New York. Prior to founding Khalique Law, she gained invaluable experience as an Immigration Attorney at the Smotritsky Law Group, PLLC.
Ms. Khalique is licensed to practice law in New York. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology from Barnard College, Columbia University, and a Juris Doctor degree from Hofstra University School of Law. She is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). She speaks Bengali and Spanish.
To provide quality legal services, be a zealous advocate, and obtain results. To build strong relationships based on honesty, trust, and comfort.
We answer your calls and emails within a timely manner and immediately when the situation calls for it. Whenever you have a question, we do our best to answer it quickly, clearly, or put you in touch with someone else if it is not within our expertise.
Our Client Experience
At Khalique Law PLLC, we value our clients and understand that the legal system can be confusing and it can be overwhelming to address your legal matter. We take specific steps to make sure the entire process is as smooth, clear, and efficient as possible, from beginning to end.
- Introduction: We start each case with detailed instructions, overview of the case process, and links to helpful resources.
- Gathering Evidence: We work with you to make sure you have strong supporting documentation. Throughout the evidence gathering process, we engage in phone cals and emails to clarify questions, assess the documentation, and formulate a legal strategy that puts you in the best situation given your circumstances.
- Review Session: We review with you all your forms to make sure the information is correct, all issues are addressed, and you are aware of all information that will be submitted.
- Third Parties: We communicate with third parties where needed including employers for business visas, doctors for supporting evidence, and experts for providing testimony.
- Interview and Testimony Preparation: We prepare you for your interviews and hearings where you will need to give testimony, in advance of your interview and hearing.
- Follow Up: We follow up after a case has been filed. We provide updates throughout and you have direct access to the attorney until a final decision is made.
Awards and Accomplishements
We Are Proud Of Our Achievements
What Our Clients
Say About Us
“Sumaiya is a real professional in immigration law. Me and my husband been working with her for our asylum case for almost six months. She’s made our case with us and sent it in time we wanted. She has even canceled her vacation just to be on our interview in USCIS. As a result – we got asylum granted after the interview.”
“I didn’t do well in my first naturalization interview so I asked Sumaiya’s help. I was very impressed with Sumaiya upon meeting her. She is friendly and highly professional, she explained what I needed to do and answered all my questions very quick, very detailed. We met and went through all my documents before the second interview. And, She stayed with me and help me all the steps during the interview until the case was approved. Thank you Sumaiya! Thank you so much for your generous help!”
“Sumaiya Khalique is very prompt, competent and knowledgeable lawyer. She is also updated about recent changes in the laws of immigration and other related issues. I sought her advice regarding the family members of my sister who were dropped from the beneficiaries list. Her strong pleading stance put the case on a solid foundation. Eventually they all got visas without any hassle.”