Living far away from your children can be difficult. However, many times circumstances can make them live thousands of miles away, for different reasons. Did you know that, with the help of a family immigration lawyer, you can have the opportunity to be reunited with them in the United States?

According to the Immigration Law, if you are a U.S. citizen, or you have a permanent residence in the United States (Green Card) and you meet the established requirements, you can start the process for your children to travel to the country and live as permanent residents in the U.S., together with you.

If you need legal help to reunite with your children, our  Family Immigration Lawyer can help you to understand this process much better. Schedule an appointment today and let’s start managing together the proper process for your children to receive the resident status in the USA.

What are the eligibility requirements to bring a child to the United States?

Are you ready to reunite with your children and give them the opportunity to obtain permanent residency? First of all, it is important that you make sure that you comply with each of the eligibility aspects established by the Immigration Law, depending on the type of residency you have in the country.

For example, if you are a U.S. Citizen, you may petition for:

  • Children (unmarried and under 21)
  • Unmarried sons and daughters (21 or older ) 
  • Married sons and daughters

But if you are a Permanent resident (Green Card holder), you may petition for:

  • Children (unmarried and under 21) 
  • Unmarried sons and daughters (21 or older) 

So, if your child meets any of these eligibility requirements, then you can begin the process of petitioning for your child to become a permanent resident of the United States.

How can a Family Immigration Lawyer help me bring my child to the United States?

By meeting the above eligibility requirements, you have a half of the job done. Now the next step is to work hand in hand with a Family Immigration Lawyer, who will provide you with the guidance you need to reunite with your child in the United States, making him/her a permanent resident of this great country.

The application process for your child can be divided into three simple steps, which we mention below:

1. Fulfilling the proper documentation.

First of all, you need to be sure that you comply with all the documentation required by the Immigration Law for the application of minor children from the United States. Some of the necessary documents are as follows:

  • Form I-130
  • Evidence of your U.S. Citizenship
  • If you are a permanent resident, you must demonstrate your status with a copy  of your Green Card, or a copy of a permanent residence stamped  foreign passport.
  • Proof of relationship

Keep in mind that, with the help of a Family Immigration Lawyer, the gathering of each of these requirements will be much simpler, and you will be able to have a guide to determine which are the appropriate documents for the case.

2. Filing your child’s petition form.

Once you have the corresponding form properly signed, as well as the requirements and the appropriate documentation, you can proceed with the filing of your application at the USCIS offices.

Please note that the location where you submit your form will depend on your child’s eligibility category for permanent residence. Check with your family immigration lawyer which office you should go to in order to begin the application process for your child’s permanent residency in the United States.

3. Check the status of the petition

Once you have completed the petition process and successfully filed the Form I-130, now you just have to wait for a response from the USCIS office. In the meantime, you can check the status of your case through this website.

Schedule an appointment today with our Family Immigration Lawyer

Remember that, if you need help, our Family Immigration Lawyer is ready to provide you with all the necessary assistance so that you can reunite with your child in the United States, shortening those thousands of miles that separate you and giving him/her the opportunity to acquire permanent residency to start a new life full of opportunities. Schedule your appointment now!


© Copyright 2024 Khalique Law PLLC ATTORNEY ADVERTISING: This website and the information is provided by the lawyer or the law firm for general information, and is not intended to provide legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. By using this website and the information contained herein, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is created between you and the firm. You should not act or rely on the information provided on this site website without seeking the advice of an attorney. We cannot guarantee results and past performance does not guarantee future results. The firm also takes no responsibility and no liability is assumed for the information on the site, quality or accuracy of any links to a third-party website. Links to third-party websites are for informational purposes only and are not an endorsement by Sumaiya Khalique or Khalique Law, PLLC.

Copyright KHALIQUE LAW PLLC © 2024 I All Rights Reserverd I Designed By Primitive.

Scroll to top