Adjustment of Status

To live in the United States legally, the immigration law establishes a broad range of procedures and visa options that you can opt for, in order to have the opportunity to fulfill your dream of immigrating to the land of freedom. However, if you are a relative of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, the process may be much easier than you think.

It is only necessary to comply with a few requirements established by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), to begin the procedures that will lead to the settlement of your immigration status once you enter U.S. territory, in this way you will have the opportunity to stay with your relatives in the country.

While this process may seem simple at first glance, it is always important to have the support of an expert in immigration law, so that you do not make mistakes that may prevent you from receiving the affirmative response you are seeking for your visa as a family member of a U.S. citizen or resident.

Our family immigration lawyer is ready to provide you with all the advice you need regarding family immigration to USA, so you can start your process without major problems. Schedule an appointment now!

When can I adjust my status as a family member of a permanent resident in the USA?

Although in most cases when talking about family immigration to USA for sharing a relationship with a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, the beneficiaries are usually the immediate family members such as spouse and children, the immigration law establishes other categories of family members who may be eligible for this benefit.

These are also known as family-based “preferential immigrant” categories, and allow, under certain eligibility criteria, other types of family members to qualify for adjustment of status based on relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident while in the country.

What do I need to do to adjust my status if I am in the United States?

If you are currently in the United States, and you are a family member of a legal permanent resident or citizen, the immigration law allows you to access the adjustment of status process, with which you can receive a Green Card that will make you a resident of the country, so you can start a new life with your family in the USA.

If I am in the USA, what do I need to do to adjust my status as a family member of a permanent resident?

How do I apply for adjustment of status?

To file for adjustment of status as a relative of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, you must be currently in the United States and have an immigrant visa immediately available.

If so, and you meet each of the requirements established for family immigration to USA cases, you will only have to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with which you will be able to adjust your status and become a beneficiary of a Green Card to live and work permanently in the United States.

Receive the support of our family immigration lawyer now.

To be sure that you have the proper legal process in place to ensure your adjustment of status can be carried out successfully, do not hesitate to work with our family immigration lawyer, who will provide you with all the guidance you need to complete the process smoothly.

Schedule an appointment now and get closer to the opportunity to receive a Green Card that will allow you to live legally in the United States, as a family member of a legal permanent resident or a U.S. citizen.


© Copyright 2024 Khalique Law PLLC ATTORNEY ADVERTISING: This website and the information is provided by the lawyer or the law firm for general information, and is not intended to provide legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. By using this website and the information contained herein, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is created between you and the firm. You should not act or rely on the information provided on this site website without seeking the advice of an attorney. We cannot guarantee results and past performance does not guarantee future results. The firm also takes no responsibility and no liability is assumed for the information on the site, quality or accuracy of any links to a third-party website. Links to third-party websites are for informational purposes only and are not an endorsement by Sumaiya Khalique or Khalique Law, PLLC.

Copyright KHALIQUE LAW PLLC © 2024 I All Rights Reserverd I Designed By Primitive.

Scroll to top