How can I petition for My Spouse Immigration?

While for many people long distance relationships can be functional, for others it can be difficult to live far away from the person they love. Fortunately, if you are a U.S. citizen, the immigration law makes it easy for you to petition for your spouse by granting him or her permanent residency in the country. 

Please note that before you begin the process of petitioning for your spouse in the United States, it is important to first make sure that your spouse meets each of the eligibility requirements for this benefit. If your spouse is eligible, then you will be able to proceed smoothly with the application with U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Do you feel that you need legal assistance with the details of this type of application? Do not hesitate to contact our family immigration lawyer, who will be happy to provide all the advice you need to file your spouse’s application through the proper legal process. Make an appointment now!


Am I eligible to petition for my foreign-born spouse?

When you are a U.S. citizen and are legally married to a foreign-born person, you may have the opportunity to petition for him or her through the spouse visa services offered by USCIS so that both of you can live together in the United States.

In addition, the immigration law also allows you to petition for your spouse’s children, as long as they are under 21 years of age and were under 18 years of age at the time of your marriage to your spouse.

In either case, you must file a completed Form I-130 with the appropriate data and information requested to finally initiate your application with USCIS.


How do I petition for my spouse if I am a U.S. citizen?

The process of petitioning for your spouse can be a bit difficult, but with the proper legal support you can be sure that you will be able to file your case without any problems, so you can have the opportunity to start a new life with your partner in the United States.

Below, we tell you what the process of applying for a spouse as a U.S. citizen consists of.

I am a U.S. citizen and I want to petition for my spouse, do I need a family immigration lawyer?

Do I need a family immigration lawyer?

While you can apply on your own, it is important to remember that this is a process that requires several important steps and the presentation of evidence that can be crucial when USCIS makes a decision regarding the approval of the spousal petition.

Therefore, it is always ideal that you can rely on a family immigration lawyer that will allow you to be sure to take the appropriate steps according to the characteristics of your case, as well as to fill out the forms with the appropriate information to obtain a positive response to your application.

With a family immigration lawyer, you will be able to obtain benefits such as:

  • Knowledge of your rights as a U.S. citizen in terms of immigration procedures.
  • Advice in the application process of your spouse.
  • Ease in finding the necessary evidence to file your spousal petition.

Among other benefits that will allow you to complete your application with the best possible result. Do not let any mistake in your application prevent you from reuniting with your spouse! Talk to our family immigration lawyer and get all the legal advice you need to achieve your dream of living together with the person you love, legally in the United States. Make an appointment now!


© Copyright 2024 Khalique Law PLLC ATTORNEY ADVERTISING: This website and the information is provided by the lawyer or the law firm for general information, and is not intended to provide legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. By using this website and the information contained herein, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is created between you and the firm. You should not act or rely on the information provided on this site website without seeking the advice of an attorney. We cannot guarantee results and past performance does not guarantee future results. The firm also takes no responsibility and no liability is assumed for the information on the site, quality or accuracy of any links to a third-party website. Links to third-party websites are for informational purposes only and are not an endorsement by Sumaiya Khalique or Khalique Law, PLLC.

Copyright KHALIQUE LAW PLLC © 2024 I All Rights Reserverd I Designed By Primitive.

Scroll to top